- Frequency range: 7000-7095kHz utilizing sound card with 96 KHz sampling rate. A sound card with sampling rate of 192 kHz would extend the frequency range to 6953 - 7140 KHz.Further, the frequency range can be extended to 5 - 7.7MHz with external LO.
-Receiver sensitivity for S/N=10dB and bandwidth 500Hz is between -118 to -120dBm without RF preamplifier or from -128 to -133 dBm with RF preamplifier. The receiver sensitivity of Genesis G40 is sound card dependent - a high quality sound card is strongly recommended!
- Receiver input IP3in is >30dBm
- SFDR: Spurious free dynamic range without intermodulation is between 94 to 98 dB with two signals separate from 5 to 20KHz.
- Receiver 1dB compression point is +15dBm with turn on attenuator or -2dBm and -27dBm without attenuator and additional RF preamplifier gain position +23 and +46dB .
- Receiver opposite side band /audio image rejection: 45dB minimum with built in hardware and more than 70dB with software correction
- Transmitting mode: SSB/CW/FM/DIGITAL or any other modulation generated mode with quadarture I/Q modulation signals, determined by software.
- RF output power: 5W
-Local oscillator rejection is min. 60dBc.
- Transmitter opposite side band audio image rejection with built in hardware is minimum 45dB. With software correction it is possible to adjust image rejection to more than 70dB.
- Power supply requirement: +13.8V / 100-250mA on receiving and 1.7A on transmitting.
- Software: Genesis G40 is tested with following freeware transmitting software: PowerSDR SR40, PowerSDR-IQ, M0KGK and Rocky with one or two sound cards.
-Minimum PC configuration required: P4 1GHz with 128Mb RAM and SDR-suitable sound card. List of recommended SDR sound cards.
- Genesis G40 KIT parts are classic through hole components (not SMT). PCB dimensions: 150 x195 mm
G40 Assembly Pictorial
This web presentation provides a visual walk-through for assembling of your G40. We took over 100 photos to illustrate build and adjustment process.
The file is divided in eight easy to follow steps indented to guide you through each build phase.
Please take a few moments of your time to browse around and to get familiar with your new toy !